Dr. Austin Larson, a geneticist at Children’s Hospital Colorado, provided this overview of genetic tools and testing at the Indian Health Service Clinical Rounds on May 3rd, 2018.
NOTE: No credentials are required to view this recording. If a pop-up box appears requesting your credentials, simply click “OK” and the recording will load on your browser.
Jump to specific topic:
- What is pediatric clinical genetics? (6:19)
- When could I refer a child to a genetics clinic? (11:42)
- What are the reasons to do genetic testing? (15:05)
- Karyotype (25:50)
- Cell-free Fetal DNA (29:00)
- FISH (31:00)
- Chromosomal Microarray (32:49)
- Targeted Sequencing (37:25)
- Whole Exome Sequencing (38:39)